Eligibility & FAQ
California Energy Design Assistance is available for commercial, public, industrial, agriculture, and high-rise multifamily projects. To qualify, participating projects should be:
- In the early design phases
- Located in a PG&E, SCE, SoCalGas, or SDG&E service territory with an eligible rate structure
- Project team interest and committed to evaluating energy efficiency options
- New construction or a major alteration
- Owners pay/will pay the Public Purpose Program surcharge on the account where the Energy Efficiency (EE) measure are installed
- No double-dipping incentives with other utility sponsored ratepayer energy efficiency programs for the the same measures
- Allow access to project site at project completion for verification of installed measures
Major alterations must meet the following criteria:
- Changes in space function (building or space occupancy type change)
- Substantial changes ( ≥30%) in design occupancy (square feet per person)
- Increase ( ≥10%) in conditioned floor area
- Any substantial expansion or addition of process or conditioning load to an existing facility
Not sure if your project meets the eligibility requirements?
Willdan can help determine if you qualify, contact us at 855-502-3914 or CEDA@Willdan.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I join the program?
To get the most out of the program, projects are encouraged to participate in early design phases before building system decisions are finalized.
I want to participate in the program, where do I start?
Participation in the program is simple, just fill in basic information via the interest form button below. Interest forms can be completed by any member of the project team. Once an interest form is received, Willdan will assign a project manager who will reach out and schedule a half hour discovery call to learn more about your project.
What if I decide I no longer want to participate?
Participation in the program is non-binding and project teams may exit the program at any time during the process.
What does it cost?
Participation in the program is available at no cost to the participant.
What materials will I gain from the program?
Participants will receive a customized energy decarbonization report and recommended decarbonization strategies based on your project goals and budget. Along with any potential incentives available from your local utility partner.
When do I receive the incentives?
At the end of your project, a verification specialist will visit the project site to determine that agreed upon measures were implemented. After verification, your local utility partner will be notified and incentives distributed.
Time for Action
Schedule a meeting with Tina to receive free technical assistance and analyze your savings and incentives potential.